Monday, July 18, 2011

Problem connecting to internet with Netgear N300 Wireless Router?

My roommate just purchased a Netgear N300 Wireless Router and set it up. He created a password which I have. I entered the password on my wireless laptop and it says i have successfully connected to the network, but I do not have internet access. It states I only have a "local connection". I have never had a problem connecting to wireless hotspots until now and I'm running out of ideas. I have my computer set up to acquire IP address automatically etc. I can successfully connect to his wireless network on my cell phone w/o any problems and friends can too when they visit. I have reset the modem / router and it has not corrected the problem. Can someone explain what I need to do get connected to internet. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment