Thursday, July 14, 2011

How would you feel if you were in my place?

I was friends with this girl. We used to share so much with each other and eventually we became roommates. Then I saw her true colors. She was so needy. Literally, there was nothing this girl could do by herself. My other roommates and I would have to wait on her all the time. From reaching things for her on the top shelf, to walking her to the laundry room. She would make me wait to do things on her schedule, make me hold her stuff when we were shopping and everything. She would cut you off to talk about herself and blatantly ignore you when you were talking to her. It became excruciating for all of us. But because I cannot say no to people, she took the most advantage of me. I eventually just got fed up and stopped doing things for her. I mean, I'm not obligated. I was her roommate, not her mom. When I stopped she started to distance herself from me, She wouldn't talk to me about anything personal anymore. She completely cut me out of her personal life. The only time she would ever talk to me is when she needed my class notes or help with her homework. I don't miss her or anything, at all. She was a pain in the ***, and I'm honestly better off without her. We don't even speak anymore. But at the same time, I can't help but feel hurt. To this day, she leaves me out of plans she makes with my friends and she treats me like I did something to harm her. She's been ignoring me and I feel like she doesn't have the right to be mad at me. The worst part is that she's still close with my friends and I'm afraid I'll have to face her in the future. If it were you, how would you act towards her now? Also, do you think that I am also being selfish? Please, any constructive help would be greatly appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment